Get Paid to Read and Talk about Romance Fiction!
Do you love to read and talk about romance fiction? Are you active online talking about your favorite romance fiction? Would like to be paid to read and talk about romance? Then I might be looking for you!
I’m looking to hire someone to assist me in growing Swoonworthy HEA. Activities I’m looking for include:
- Reaching romance readers and enticing them to join the Swoothworthy HEA community.
- Encouraging romance authors to join as a place to connect to readers.
- Assisting in developing a social media plan, creating shareables, and scheduling social media (I use Social Bee).
- Actively participate on Swoonworthy HEA to facilitate discussions, moderate content, and encourage engagement between members.
- Assist me in developing and promoting monthly giveaways, including outreach to authors or vendors with reader-related goodies for monthly giveaways.
- Outreach to romance book podcasters, bloggers and other resources to help get the word out.
- Content development (i.e blog posts, live streams, etc) for the site
- Other ideas that you deem important in growing Swoonworthy HEA to become the go-to place for readers and writers of romance.
I hope to grow the community and add additional features such as:
- A monthly virtual magazine
- Virtual Swoon-Con (Yearly)
- Wine and Romance Virtual Gatherings (monthly)
- Development of Swoony-merchandise
- Virtual book-club
If you have an interest in romance fiction and some knowledge and experience in the above tasks I need help in, I’d love to hear from you.
- Currently, I’m looking at 5-8 hours per week, at $10 per hour, but as the community grows, hours may grow as well.
- This is a contract 1099 position with payment twice a month by PayPal (You’ll be expected to invoice me with hours and a report of work completed)
Ideal candidates are romance readers who’ve also provided virtual or PA support to authors. I’m most interested in someone who has a passion for reading and talking about romance fiction and shares that enthusiasm online. Basic skills needed include:
- Reader of romance fiction that enjoys talking about books
- Experience with social media management (currently SHEA has FB page and Instagram)
- Experience working as a virtual assistant or online
- Experience using WordPress
- Ability to research media resources such as podcasts for outreach
- 18 years or older
Preferred but not required:
- Experience creating shareables and graphics in Canva
- Experience with Clickup or Trello for project management
- Experience using BuddyPress
If you’re interested in getting paid to talk about romance fiction, please apply below!